March 22, 2010


I have decided to just face the facts. I'm a bad blogger.

One year ago April 1 marks my first year of being an official "business". It was really a big experience putting myself out there. It had its highs, and it had its lows, but overall it was a giant step for me. I have learned so much from it. I am of course nowhere near the level I want to place myself, but I know a few more things when approaching my wedding season this May.

One thing is for sure, it is tough cookies blogging every shoot. I love going to other photographer's blogs and seeing new posts almost every other day it seems...then you hop over to mine and it is usually one blog for every two months!
My biggest goal with photography is getting to the level where I don't need a second job to support me. That means booking shoots on a regular basis, selling my work, etc...but it also means updating this bad boy we call a 'blog'. I think it has been especially hard for me to keep the updates flowing when I am working another job (which I do love!) and planning my own wedding, but nobody likes to hear excuses.

My first wedding is May 1st. My goal is to blog every wedding I shoot this year within a timely fashion. Of course, I will blog all my seniors and any other random shoots that I may do along the way.

Don't give up on me yet!

3 comments:

Kassia Phoy said...

Girl you have lots on your plate! You shouldn't feel bad about not blogging a ton. I'm really bad about blogging as well so I understand.
That's so exciting you are planning your wedding!
I just noticed a blog list in the corner of your site. Thank you so much for listing me! I love all the fellow photographers there as well. Esp. Nessa K. She's so cute. :D

Oh hey, you should let me photograph you sometime! :)

Unknown said...

I was the same way!! I just lauched my new website and with that a new blogged and I've vowed to be a better blogger. I've already has to apologize on it once! haha! but I'm getting better:) Good Luck with your first wedding!! very exciting! I'm sure you'll do great, your work is really great!

Carrie

Crystal said...

you are beautiful