December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas time is one of my favorite times of the year. The only problem is that it goes too fast! It is sometimes hard to take the time to sit down and enjoy it with the ones you love. Today I am doing just that. I have spent the whole day with Jake and his family just enjoying my surroundings. It has been snowing [more like a blizzard] out all day so the "Christmas Setting" has been present along with food and games. Jake and I will be heading to Mom's on New Years Day to have my family’s Christmas which will be equally exciting. I have work off until January 5th so I will be doing a lot of much needed social time between now and then. [Please CALL me if you want to get together! I would love to catch up!]


Below are a few gifts I wrapped. I decided this year I was going to be semi green and make my own wrapping paper instead of purchasing new. I get a lot of fashion and photo catalogs in the mail so instead of throwing them away I decided to put them to use!
Its super easy so I figured most can figure it out on their own. Just in case...here is an easy way to do it.

-First select your magazines. I used fashion magazines for gifts to girls and photo magazines for gifts I am giving to guys. You can also use newspaper or ads.
-Instead of tearing the pages out I took out the staples that hold smaller catalogs together. That gave me a longer sheet to work with.
-I chose ones that I liked/went well together and then laid them out, slightly overlapping one another. Do this until you have a large enough piece to wrap your gift.
-Tape the seams together and viola! Start wrapping your gift!
You can also make fun flowers and other decorations with your leftover magazines to add a fun look to your gifts!

I hope you all are having a blessed Christmas and are taking the time to really enjoy it! Merry Christmas!

xoxo



A random snap of my cat. I love my Lady Olivia =)

1 comment:

bbbethany said...

I always wrap in newspaper and add big, gold ribbon. :) Those are gorgeous! Happy Holidays, my little love bucket!!